Two At A Time Toe Up Sock Workshop
Learn the techniques needed to knit two identical socks at once in our fabulous all day class from the super talented sock maestro Lesley
Why knit two socks at once you may ask ?
1 Cures you of second sock syndrome.
2 You end up with two socks that are identical in pattern and length with no left over wool.
3 You can knit them toe up or cuff down and when you run out of yarn they are both finished. No yarn panic experienced.
4 If you knit with a sock blank you will also have socks that are identical colour wise especially with an after thought heel applied.
So if you love matching socks this is your technique of choice.
- Being able to cast on, cast off, increase and decrease
- Being able to read a pattern
- Some experience of knitting in the round is advantageous but not required
- Some experience of sock knitting is advantageous but not required
- This class is not suitable for the beginner knitter
Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss wether this class is suitable for you
What to Bring
- Printed copy of Vanilla Socks by Nurturing Fibers (available as free download on Ravelry)
- Either 1 x 2.5mm circular needles with 80cm or 100cm cable or 2 x2.5mm circular needles with 60cm cable
- 100g of 4Ply/Fingering weight sock yarn that is wound so that it can be both pulled from the inside and outside of the ball
- Sock blanks and/or pre-wound 50g balls of suitable sock yarn will be available to purchase prior to the class or on the day
Our store will be open 15 minutes before class commences to purchase class supplies.
All class attendees with receive a 10% discount on all in-store purchases* on the day. This is also extended to any class materials purchased in advance.
*excludes gift vouchers
Class commences at 10am and is expected to run 4 to 5 hours
Please feel free to bring your lunch or we will organise ordering lunch from our neighbour the ‘Dutch Coffee Lab’. Unfortunately we do not have the facilities to re-heat food. Tea and Coffee will be provided,
Classes and Covid-Safe
You are respectfully asked not to attend if you are feeling unwell.